Thursday, April 17, 2008

51 - My French Whore


Title: My French Whore
Author: Gene Wilder
My Area of Interest: Read his bio, and loved his writting style.
Finished 04/17/08 - Now, this one I loved. I have just fell in love with his writting style. It's simple, yet gracefull, and it just flows. Normally I don't do historicals at all. I'm more of a contempory reader, but this was wonderful. It's set during the 1st world war, about Private Peachy and how he ends up on the other side of the lines and falls in love with Annie (The French Whore). It is a beautiful story, very romantic with out getting all gushy romance. There is one other book Gene has written, and I will be looking for it! OH, almost forgot. I even loved the binding, how it has the "old" look to it were all the pages are uneven.

No comments: