Friday, August 28, 2009

17 - The Help


Title: The Help
Author: Kathryn Stockett
My Area of Interest: Mom's neighboor Mrs. Peggy had me read it, wasn't too into it at first. She told me her mom had a black lady working for her, but she was very adamit that they were really good to her help. She didn't want me to think everyone was bad to their help. She let me know that a lot of people were really good to their help.
Finished 08/28/09 - I loved this book. I read it in 4 nights. I had a really hard time putting the book down. I loved every page. The story was wonderful. I loved how the black ladies parts were writen. The first few pages took a bit to really get, just took a little to get into the writing style.. but LOVED it! I found myself laughing out loud in several parts, and LOVED the "terrible awful" that Minny did. I would recomend this to everyone it was just so damn good! It would even make a really good movie.. tho I know the movie wouldn't be as good as the book.. it would still be damn good.

No comments: