Tuesday, May 07, 2013

43 - The New Kid at School (Dragon Slayers' Academy, No. 1)

Title: The New Kid at School (Dragon Slayers' Academy, No. 1)
Author: Kate McMullan
My Area of Interest: Bored a bit, so I was looking around the library and found these.  I wasn't really sure if I could get J into reading these books because of them being set back in the dark ages.  I tried to get her to read the Anola Holmes books, but she couldn't get past the language used.  Hope that this can be a new series to get J into... and a new series I can read in between class work to take a break.
Finished 05/07/13 - Loved it.  The book was a fast read, and cute.  I'm glad there wasn't to much of the language used back then.  I really think I can get her into these.  She was a bit jealous that I had already started reading book one, and informed me that her school has these, and she'll just check them out on her own.  I laughed and told her that she can read the ones we got from the Paris Public Library.  And get more.  I don't think I'll have any trouble getting her into these.

No comments: