Friday, October 25, 2013

66 - The Sisters Grimm: The Fairy-Tale Detectives (Book One)

Title: The Sisters Grimm: The Fairy-Tale Detectives (Book One)
Author: Michael Buckley
My Area of Interest:While trying to find The Secret Garden for J, I found these. I knew she liked mysteries, so she said she would read book one.  I asked her if she wanted me to get two as well because if it's really good she's going to want two right off.  She regretted not getting two.  She sent me back to get it, and the day before a girl checked out the entire series.  Good thing we have two libraries close by. :)
Finished 10/24/13 -This book is really good.  At the end it does say the author wrote the movie The Mole People & The New Sideshow.  It also said the he has written many tv shows as well, but this series is is first.  I don't watch the show Grimm (maybe now I should) but Once Upon A Time I would bet he's writing for.  You can see it all over the book.  SPOILER Ok, not much of spoilers, just wanna warn ya.  The "Everafters" are stuck in a New England town and can not leave the borders.  The reason is the Grimm family.  It was a curse that as long as a Grimm lives no one can leave.  The fairy tales aren't fairy tales after all, it's history, and the Grimm's family job of writing it all.  The Grim family collects the artifacts, like the Mirror, Mirror on the wall, the fairy wands, the magic beans, etc.  From the beginning it really sounded like OUAP, like maybe the guy ripped off part of the book for the storyline seeing as how Snow White is a school teacher.  Next time I watch OUAP I'm really going to have to pay attention to the writers.  I may even start watching Grimm.  The book turned out really good, and J swears the second is even better and is already begging me to go get the third.  I am stuck reading after her tho.  So it's on to number 2 for me.

No comments: