Monday, February 17, 2014

18 - A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)

Title:A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)
Author:
My Area of Interest: Fan of the show, but tried the books, and didn't get into it, so I'm trying again.
Finished 02/12/14 - Loved it, it is much better than the HBO show!  While the show is all sex, sex, sex, the book isn't.  It isn't all graphic, and there are so many details that I wish I would have known while watching the first season that I know know because of the book.  I still plan on watching the show, but I think I'll enjoy the books more.  I will have to admit I would have never finished the book had it not been for the fact I had to go to the hospital for a few days.  Regular life with kids and chores and everything else doesn't give much time to a HUGE book.  I did find it ticked me off a bit to have a nurse come in and I have to stop reading, or fall asleep because of the pain killers.  Plan on searching the library tomorrow if I
can get a spare moment to get to the library for the second book.

No comments: